Monday, October 2, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #275:Dovina Dutch Girl

  Today I was clearing out some stuff from the last doll shows we did. I donated a few things I don't want and I'm not going to bother with. But there were some dolls I thought might be interesting for you guys,even if I get rid of them in the end. One of those was this girl.


She's a little Dutch girl.


I think she's pretty cute.


She's got a label on the back of her dress that says 'Dovina Rotterdam Holland',so she's a real little Dutch girl.


She's 12" tall.


And she's made of hard plastic.



Those eyes are bright blue.
 

They're sleep eyes,with black lashes.


Her shoes really are made of wood.



She has a blue cotton apron over a black wool skirt.


There's a striped slip under the skirt.


She's wearing black wool stockings.


Her wig could use some touching up,but it's in pretty good shape for her age. I'm guessing she's 1940's or 50's.


I'm not sure if I'll keep her. She's nice, but I have very little room. (Make that,'no room'!)


Tomorrow we'll see what else I can come up with.

2 comments:

  1. yes, a beautiful dutch girl, I'm from Holland so can tell a little more.

    it's the daily wear used in Marken, a small island close to Volendam. The people were protestant, as opposed to the volendammers who were catholic. Their costume was markedly different. Halfway this page you'll find a picture of two kids dressed in original costume.

    http://berthi.textile-collection.nl/2012/08/08/textielpost-rondje-nederland-vi/

    Ovidia is wellknown for it's production of dolls, but there's not information to be found as to the when they produced. But I would say (end) fifties and sixties. In the forties the population had first a war and then everybody was much too poor for such frivolities. I think the peak of these things will have been first half of the sixties.

    I remember that in the seventies plastic dolls dressed in folkcostumes all over the world were given away with powderdetergant for washing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the information. I'm updating the post to let readers know to look in the comments for it.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.